Wednesday, February 22, 2012

BigFatSpender: In the Mood for Nude...


Great find always happen when I least expect it. I keep telling myself that on and on again, coz if I plan to buy something - I normally have to go through a series of challenges just to get it. Like the off-white brogues from Paul Smith. I want it since the last time I posted it in this blog. And it took a while for Paul Smith to do Sale (which took forever, after everyone has done theirs!). And when I go to their store at Floral Street in Covent Garden to buy the shoes, damn... they don't have it in my size (cos my feet suddenly shrunk to 8.5). It took me to its other two stores at two separate far, far away locations (Royal Arcade @ Picaddilly and Marylebone High St) plus a tiring walk and humungous amount of sweat, finally I get it in my hands. It's always like that. So unfair.



But when I don't plan to get anything, things run effortlessly and I somehow found a great find. It's always that 'oooh, that looks nice...' saying which ended up me buying something unplanned. Like this lace-up shoes by Bally which I got at their store in Bicester Village before summer sale. What I like about this derby lace-ups is the color - nude. Coz nude and neutral are hot this season. Very, very IN. Okay, you won't get it now in their store @ New Bond Street coz this one is somehow last season's. Which I think the one when Brian Atwood is still the Creative Director at Bally (hence the 'nude' legacy). The leather is so buttery soft, and that little brogue details with the toecap is really giving an edge to this otherwise plain nude shoes.



I like what I've seen, and I love the price that's slashed massively. Plus, I can see its longevity in my wardrobe. And that's why it went back with me that day. Coz I'm in the mood for nude... (literally, okay. You weasels..!)













No comments:

Post a Comment